How to Amend Sex Designation on a

Birth Certificate for Adults

Kansas Department of Health and Environment will need the following documents to amend the sex on a birth record:
         Sworn statement (notarized Affidavit) or a typed notarized statement along with

  • A copy of a valid passport page that reflects the applicant's true sex; or
  • A ccopy of a valid driver's license that reflects the applicant's sex (Valid State issued ID from a state Driver's License Bureau also works) (copy of front and back); or
  • A certification issued by a healthcare professional or mental health professional with whom the applicant has a doctor-patient relationship stating that based in his or her professional opinion the true gender identity of the applicant and that it is expected that this will continue to be the gender with which the applicant will identify in the future..

Affidavit to Amend Sex on Birth Certificates |

Application to Amend a Kansas Birth Certificate