Background Check Information

Resource Links

Mailing your Fingerprint cards to
Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) Child Care Licensing

If you are:

Fingerprint cards
  • Submitting an Initial Application (including Move, Program Change and Ownership Changes), or
  • Adding a new affiliate (individual) living, working or volunteering at the facility

To flag your fingerprints as a priority to process, please click on picture for instructions:


New Item  Authorized Finger Printing Locations

AFTER you receive notification from KDHE that a fingerprint is needed:

  1. Pick up a Child Care Licensing Background Check Packet from your local Health Department or Licensing Surveyor.
  2. Click here to view a list of *Authorized Finger Printing Location sites.
    * Please Note: This list is not all inclusive. Additional KBI authorized locations may be available in your area.
    ** CENTER BASED PROGRAMS ONLY: To inquire if KBI is available to come to your location to take fingerprints, please call 785- 296-8266. **