Ordering Divorce Certificates By Telephone
New ID requirements: Due to the rise in identity theft and other fraudulent use of vital records, the credit card you are using to place the order must be in your name. The card holder's name and address will be verified. You will also be asked to provide your social security number or driver's license number.
- Credit card telephone requests are processed within three business days.
- The cost is $15.00 for the first copy and $15.00 for each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time. By state law, the initial $15.00 fee for a certified copy of a divorce certificate is a five-year record search fee – one certified copy is issued if the record is found and if not found, the fee is retained. If the record is not found, you will receive correspondence notifying you of the search completed and that no record was found.
- There is an additional $12.50 expedited service fee for credit card requests which is charged by VitalChek, the company with which our office contracts to provide credit card service. Per our agreement with VitalChek, an additional $12.50 expedited service fee will be charged for requests exceeding five copies of the same record.
- You may have your request sent to you by UPS. For this service, you must provide an address deliverable by UPS where someone is available to sign for the delivery. UPS cannot deliver to P.O. Box, APO, or FPO addresses. Additional UPS charge is applied to your credit card.
- You may charge your request to a valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card. Visa or MasterCard debit cards are also acceptable.
- Call 1-877-305-8315 available 24 hours, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Spanish interpreters available.
Be prepared to provide the operator the following information:
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card number
- Expiration date of your credit card
- Your social security number or driver's license number
- Type of vital record being requested
- Your relationship to the person named on the record
- Reason you are requesting the record (we ask this so that we can provide appropriate service for your needs)
- Full name of both parties
- Date of divorce
- Place of divorce (city and county) Must be Kansas
- Provide date of birth for both parties
- Your daytime phone number
- Your mailing address
- Indicate if you want the request mailed by U.S. Mail or by UPS delivery. For UPS delivery, you must provide an address deliverable by UPS where someone is able to sign for the delivery. UPS cannot deliver to P.O. Box, APO, or FPO addresses. The UPS charge is applied to your credit card.
Authorized credit card requests cannot be cancelled or changed.