Filing a Report of Adoption on a Child

Born Outside of Kansas

When an adoption occurs and the child was born in a state other than Kansas, the Report of Adoption can be sent directly to that state or to our office to be forwarded to that state of birth. The Report of Adoption Form must be signed and certified by the court.

Note: Some states will not accept our Report of Adoption Form. They require that you report the adoption on their form. If you need an out-of-state vital record, click here to access the National Center for Health Statistics' site on Where to Write for Vital Records