Spill and Release Reporting in Kansas

Spills, discharges, and emergency releases can cause serious harm to public health and the environment. Federal and state laws require federal and/or state agencies be notified in the event of an accidental spillage of any materials that may pollute water, air, or soil. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and the Kansas Division of Emergency Management (KDEM) are two of several state agencies that address spills. We've also included some contact information on this page for use in the event of flooding or fish kills.

Report spills to KDHE 24 hours per day at (785) 296-1679

Kansas Interactive Spills Map To access a map of spills already reported to KDHE.

Kansas Spill Reporting Instructions (.pdf) - Includes Kansas Spill Reporting Regs.

Other Kansas Spill or Release Reporting Numbers (.pdf)