The KSFMNP helps low-income seniors purchase fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs and local honey at farmers markets, roadside stands and farm stores.

The KSFMNP is available in the following counties in Kansas:

KSFMNP is available in the following counties in Kansas


Eligible seniors receive a one-time annual benefit of $30.00 to purchase approved foods from certified farmers. Benefits are distributed as a book of six (6), $5.00 checks.

Seniors may spend their checks with farmers who display the "Checks Accepted Here" sign

KSFMNP Checks Accepted Here


Seniors must be 60 years of age or older and must have an income at or below 185% of the federal poverty level. Click here for an income breakdown by household size

Income eligibility is determined by household. Benefits are distributed individually. Anyone who meets the age AND income requirements within the same household may receive KSFMNP benefits.

How to Apply

Seniors may apply for benefits between the dates of June 1 and September 15, 2018.

The KSFMNP is a first-come, first-served program. Funding is limited. Seniors who apply after all benefits have been distributed or who apply after September 15th will be placed on a waiting list and notified by the local agency if additional funds become available.

Eligible seniors must apply for benefits with their nearest local distribution agency. Please inquire with the local agency for specific hours of operation.

Local Agencies


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.