Radiation Response Volunteer Corps
The Kansas Radiation Control Program is developing a registry for radiation professionals who would be willing to receive training and be included on a list of volunteers willing to perform population monitoring during incidents involving radiation. The registry is called the Radiation Response Volunteer Corps (RRVC). Volunteers would have the opportunity to receive training, participate in drills and serve as a resource in the event of a radiological incident. Click the link below for more information.
- Radiation Response Volunteer Corps Fact Sheet (.pdf)
- Community Reception Center Fact Sheet (.pdf)
- Radiation Resources Fact Sheet (.pdf)
To register as a radiation professional with the Kansas System for the Early Registration of Volunteers, K-SERV, visit https://kshealth.kdhe.state.ks.us/volunteerregistry/
Presentations from the RRVC Training
- Survey Methods and Decontamination (.pdf)
- Meter Operations (.pdf)
- Overview of the Amber Waves 2012 Exercise (.pdf)
- Population Monitoringand theCommunity Reception Center (.pdf)
- Radiation Safety in an Emergency Response (.pdf)
- Risk Communication (.pdf)
To learn more about the Radiation Response Volunteer Corps (RRVC) development contact the RRVC team at email@example.com or 785-296-1560.