Kansas Radiation Protection Regulations
The regulations and statutes provided on this page are for the convenience of the user but are not considered the official regulations. For more information on official regulations, visit the Kansas Secretary of State website. For information about official copies of the statutes, visit the Kansas Legislature website.
Regulations are enacted by an agency to implement or interpret legislation. All regulations are filed in the secretary of state's office and published in the Kansas Administrative Regulations (K.A.R.).
The regulations for the Kansas Radiation Control Program are K.A.R 28-35-133 through 28-35-608.
If you need assistance finding a specific regulation, please contact our office at 785-296-1560.
Here are some guidelines that will help you find what you are looking for. Since the supplements only have the regulations that have been changed since that last complete K.A.R. book (2009 version listed below), start by looking in the 2015 Supplement, Book 1 and if you do not find the regulation you are looking for, check the 2009 K.A.R. book.
- Regulations that have been updated after December 31, 2008 for Agencies 1-82 are found in the 2015 Supplement, Book 1. The Radiation Control Program is in Agency 28.
- The Regulations that have been updated after December 31, 2008 for Agencies 84-132 are found in the 2015 Supplement Book 2, which also contains an index to all the regulations.
- The 2009 K.A.R. book has the most current version of the regulations filed through December 31, 2008
The 2015 Supplement Book 1 and Book 2 to the Kansas Administrative Regulations contains the most current version of regulations filed in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, and supplements the 2009 K.A.R. Volumes.
The 2009 K.A.R. contains the most current version of regulations filed through December 31, 2008. The regulations for the Kansas Radiation Control Program are K.A.R 28-35-133 through 28-35-608.
The Kansas Statutes are laws enacted by the Legislature. These Statutes are published after the closing of the regular session by the Kansas Revisor of Statutes.Nuclear Energy Development and Radiation Control, K.S.A. 48, Article 16.
For assistance finding a particular regulation or statute, please contact the Radiation Control Program at 785-296-1560.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Standards for Protection Against Radiation include adoption by reference of certain of the Parts. The documents that were adopted by reference can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate link.
Adoption by Reference resource
Click on the following links to go to the electronic facsimile of the appendices:
Appendices to Part 4: Standards for Protection Against Radiation
The appendices include the following:
- Appendix A: Protection Factors for Respirators
- Appendix B: Annual Limits on Intake (ALIs) and Derived Air Concentrations (DACs) of Radionuclides for Occupational Exposure; Effluent Concentrations; Concentrations for Release Sewerage
- Appendix C: Quantities of Licensed Material Requiring Labeling