Watershed Condition Reports
Purpose: The Watershed Condition Reports are designed to serve as a water quality "atlas" for a given watershed, and are intended to provide Watershed Stakeholders Committees (WSC) with a tool to assess the condition of water resources within their watershed.
Contents: Watersheds throughout the state are assigned an identification number called a Hydrologic Unit Code or HUC. There are three categories of HUC's: HUC 8s, HUC 11s, or HUC 14s. The largest watershed boundaries are categorized as HUC 8s. Currently there are 90 HUC 8s throughout the state of Kansas.
Each Huc 8 will have a Watershed Conditions Report (WCR). WCRs contain information regarding rivers and streams, lakes and wetlands, and groundwater. Reports address primary pollutant and Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) concerns, potential pollution sources, designated uses, and aquifer characteristics.
Available Watershed Condition Reports:
- HUC 10240005 Tarkio-Wolf (.pdf)
- HUC 10240007 South Fork Big Nemaha (.pdf)
- HUC 10240011 Independence-Sugar (.pdf)
- HUC 10250017 Lower Republican (.pdf)
- HUC 10260008 Lower Smoky Hill (.pdf)
- HUC 10260010 Lower Saline (.pdf)
- HUC 10260012 Lower North Fork Solomon (.pdf)
- HUC 10260015 Solomon River (.pdf)
- HUC 10270101 Upper Kansas (.pdf)
- HUC 10270102 Middle Kansas (.pdf)
- HUC 10270103 Delaware (.pdf)
- HUC 10270104 Lower Kansas (.pdf)
- HUC 10270205 Lower Big Blue (.pdf)
- HUC 10270207 Lower Little Blue (.pdf)
- HUC 10290101 Upper Marais Des Cygnes (.pdf)
- HUC 10290102 Lower Marais Des Cygnes (.pdf)
- HUC 10290103 Little Osage (.pdf)
- HUC 10290104 Marmaton (.pdf)
- HUC 10300101 Lower Missouri-Crooked (.pdf)
- HUC 11030001 Middle Arkansas-Lake McKinney (.pdf)
- HUC 11030003 Arkansas-Dodge City (.pdf)
- HUC 11030004 Arkansas-Pickerel (.pdf)
- HUC 11030009 Rattlesnake (.pdf)
- HUC 11030010 Gar-Peace (.pdf)
- HUC 11030012 Little Arkansas (.pdf)
- HUC 11030013 Middle Arkansas Slate (.pdf)
- HUC 11030014 North Fork Ninnescah (.pdf)
- HUC 11030015 South Fork Ninnescah (.pdf)
- HUC 11060005 Chikaskia (.pdf)
- HUC 11070103 Middle Verdigris (.pdf)
- HUC 11070202 Upper Cottonwood (.pdf)
- HUC 11070204 Upper Neosho (.pdf)
- HUC 11070205 Middle Neosho (.pdf)
- HUC 11070207 Spring Watershed (.pdf)
*If the watershed conditions report for your watershed is not noted, please be aware that they are being posted as quickly as possible.
To obtain additional water quality monitoring data, please go to www.epa.gov/storet/. STORET is a computerized environmental data storage system used by state environmental agencies, EPA, universities, and private citizens.
For more information regarding TMDLs in Kansas, please go to http://www.kdheks.gov/tmdl/.