License and Certification Section
1000 S.W. Jackson St., Suite 330
Topeka, Kansas 66612-1274
(866)-UNLEADEDKS or (866)-865-3233
Lead Professionals: Individuals performing lead activities in Kansas
The following activities when performed in pre-1978 housing and child-occupied facilities, are considered lead activities, and are regulated in the State of Kansas.
Lead Abatement Project Design
Any individual that performs any of these activities must be certified through the Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Prevention Program. Any firm, organization or governmental body that presents itself as being able to perform any of these activities, must be licensed as a lead activity firm.
Lead Activity Firms and Providers
To find a licensed Lead Activity Firm or Licensed Renovation Firm in your area click here
Requirements for Lead Professionals
- Inspector Requirements (.htmlfor Inspector or .pdffor Inspector)
- Project Designer Requirements (.htmlfor Project Designer or .pdffor Project Designer)
- Risk Assessor Requirements (.htmlfor Risk Assessor or .pdffor Risk Assessor)
- Supervisor Requirements (.htmlfor Supervisor or .pdffor Supervisor)
- Worker Requirements (.htmlfor Worker or .pdffor Worker)
K.A.R. 28-72-1 to 28-72-22
Please note when the new proposed regulations are finalized there will be minor revisions to the requirements.