Kansas Health Alert Network (KS-HAN)
KS-HAN is an internet-based, secure, emergency alerting system that allows general public health and emergency preparedness information to be shared rapidly. KS-HAN has the ability to alert registrants by organization, occupation, county, or group through e-mail, work and cell phone, and SMS text. Additionally, KS-HAN can be utilized as a document storing and sharing website.
Since KS-HAN is the primary system used by KDHE for communication during an emergency, it is important to ensure that your organization´s registrants and their contact information are kept updated. If any of the below listed information needs updated contact the KS-HAN Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can assist you with making the necessary changes.
- Telephone number or address of the organization
- New employee that needs to be invited
- Former employee that needs account de-activated
- Personal change in phone number, e-mail address, other contact information, or job title
Request an Invite Code:
KS-HAN is an invitation-only system. To request an invite code, e-mail your name, organization, phone number, and employer to the KS-HAN Administrator at email@example.com.
You will receive an invite code by e-mail that you will be required to enter, along with your e-mail address, during registration.
User Manuals will be added as they become available.
The KS-HAN Administrator does a test of the system once a month by conducting a Time-Response exercise with various groups of preparedness partners. The alert is usually sent via e-mail to a group of targeted registrants. Recipients of the exercise need to respond to the e-mail as quickly as possible in one of two ways:
- Reply to the e-mail with your name and organization in the subject line
- Create a new e-mail and send to the KS-HAN Administrator with your name and organization in the subject line
The KS-HAN exercise is an opportunity to ensure that you and your organization's information are current. Information that needs updated could include: a change in phone number or e-mail address, new employees that need invited, or former employees that need their accounts disabled.
Additional promotional materials will be added as they become available.
The KS-HAN administrator is available to give the KS-HAN presentation to your organization. To request a presentation, contact the KS-HAN Administrator with the name of your organization and the time, date, and location of your meeting or event. Here you can download a copy of the KS-HAN presentation.
There is a KS-HAN Advisory Council that meets on a quarterly basis to discuss the needs of the system and future development.
Members of the Advisory Council include representatives from the following organizations:
- Kansas Association of Local Health Departments
- Kansas Hospital Association
- Emergency Medical Services
- KDHE- Information Technology
- KDHE-Bureau of Surveillance and Epidemiology
- KDHE-Local and Rural Health