Yellow Fever Vaccination Center Certification
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment does not testify to, sponsor, or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages.
An official yellow fever uniform stamp holder has the authority granted by the State of Kansas to administer yellow fever vaccine to the public. An official yellow fever stamp holder authorization is required to order and administer yellow fever vaccine. A uniform stamp on the International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) card is the international verification that an individual has been vaccinated against yellow fever.
Due to the risk of serious adverse events that can occur following yellow fever vaccine administration, providers should only vaccinate persons who: 1) are at risk for exposure to yellow fever virus, or 2) require proof of vaccination for country entry. To further minimize the risk of serious adverse events, medical providers should carefully observe the contraindications and consider the precautions to vaccination to administration of yellow fever vaccine.
Kansas requirements to become an official Yellow Fever Uniform Stamp Holder:
- Applicants must be a physician (medical doctor or doctor of osteopathic medicine) licensed in the State of Kansas.
- Complete the Application for Yellow Fever Vaccination Validation Uniform Stamp and Vaccination Site Agreement.
- Must complete the Yellow Fever Vaccine Course: Information for Healthcare Professionals Advising Travelers online training course. Any staff advising travelers on the vaccine on behalf of the physician should also complete the course.
- Read and understand the recommendations outlined by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
- Purchase an official yellow fever uniform stamp for each official Kansas Yellow Fever Vaccination Center.
- Give the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) to every Yellow Fever vaccine recipient prior to administering the vaccine.
- Adhere to administration, storage, and handling requirements as indicated by ACIP and the yellow fever vaccine manufacturer.
- Administer Yellow fever vaccine only at an official Kansas Yellow Fever Vaccination Center.
- Record yellow fever vaccine with official uniform stamp on the ICVP card. You can order the ICVP online or call 866-512-1800.
Please submit the following documentation to become a Certified Yellow Fever Uniform Stamp Holder:
- Kansas – Application for Yellow Fever Vaccination Validation Uniform Stamp and Vaccination Site Agreement (PDF)
- Continuing Education Certificate for the Yellow fever vaccine course (CDC)
Items may be mailed or faxed:
Yellow Fever Certification
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
1000 SW Jackson Suite 210
Topeka, KS 66612
Current stamp holders will be notified when to recertify. Once you are recertified your stamp will be valid for three years; you must recertify every three years. Sanofi Pasteur will not ship vaccine after the expiration date of your stamp. Please fill out the Kansas – Application for Yellow Fever Vaccination Validation Uniform Stamp and Vaccination Site Agreement and fax or mail as instructed above.
Adverse Event Reporting
Adverse events reported to providers after vaccination should be submitted to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) according to state guidelines. Private providers should report all adverse events directly to VAERS, and also notify KDHE. For more information and reporting forms, please contact VAERS at (800) 822-7967 or visit the VAERS website.
Vaccine Shipping Address Changes
Please submit the Change of Address Form after an address change has occurred at any of your designated sites. Failure to submit this documentation will inhibit your ability to order vaccine. This form must be signed by the uniform stamp holder in order to be processed. The information will be updated accordingly on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, and with Sanofi Pasteur.
For questions about Yellow Fever Certification contact 877-427-7317
To find an authorized Yellow Fever Vaccine Center visit the CDCs website.