Superior Vision Services Plan
You are offered two vision plans through Superior Vision Services* — the Basic Plan and the Enhanced Plan. You may choose to enroll yourself and any eligible dependents in one of the vision plans, whether or not you or your dependents are enrolled in the health plan. If you choose dependent vision coverage, and dependent children are also enrolled in the medical plan, the dependent children enrolled in the vision plan must match those enrolled in the health plan. Please note that you can enroll or change your coverage only when you or a dependent first becomes eligible, during the annual open enrollment period, or if a dependent becomes ineligible. Mid-year changes to your vision coverage elections are not allowed even if you pay your premiums on an after-tax basis.
Basic Vision Plan Coverage
Exams under the Basic plan are subject to a $50 copay. A $25 material copay to lenses also applies to frame purchases but not contacts, then the policy covers:
- 100% on single-vision, standard bifocal, trifocal, or lenticular lenses.
- Up to $100 retail allowance for frames
- Elective contact lens allowance of $150
- Home delivery of contacts at www.svcontacts.com/
- NEW - Contact lens fitting benefit (with a $35 copay) added to the Basic Plan
Enhanced Vision Plan Coverage
The Enhanced vision plan includes all Basic plan coverage, along with:
- Standard progressive lenses covered up to $165
- High-index lenses or poly-carbonate lenses covered up to $116
- Scratch and UV coating
- Contact lens fitting fee (subject to a $35 copay with limited coverage)
- NEW - Frame allowance on Enhanced plan is now $150 retail allowance
Note: Enhanced benefits are not available from non network providers.
Special Features From Superior Vision Services
Discounts are available for lens add-ons or upgrades not otherwise covered by the plan. The discount is 20 percent and is available from providers identified in the Superior Vision provider directory with a “DP.”
Discounts on additional eyewear. Discounts are available for additional eyewear purchases. The discounts range from 10 percent to 30 percent and are available at providers identified in the provider directory with a “DP.”
Discounts on refractive surgeries such as LASIK, RK and PR K. Providers listed in the provider directory with the “RF” designation will provide Superior Vision members with a discount of 20 percent on refractive surgeries.