Preferred Lab Benefit Program
AVAILABLE WITH PLANS A AND B ONLY
To use the Preferred Lab Benefit, just present your Plan Year 2013 State Employee Health Plan ID card identifying your membership in either Plan A or B.
Quest Diagnosticsoffers collection sites at various locations throughout the State of Kansas and nationwide. Also, you can arrange to have specimens picked up from your doctor’s office. All it takes is a telephone call to the number on the back of your Quest ID card.
Stormont Vail HealthCare offers 9 locations in northeast Kansas, for all State Employee Health Plan members. You do not have to be a Cotton O’Neil patient to access this benefit. Lab orders from your physician are required.
You must verbally request to use your Preferred Lab Benefit.
The Preferred Lab Benefit Program does NOT cover:
- Testing ordered during hospitalization
- Lab work needed on an emergency or STAT basis
- Testing done at any other laboratory
- Non-Laboratory work such as mammography, x-rays, imaging and dental work
- Time sensitive, esoteric testing such as fertility testing, bone marrow studies and spinal fluid tests
- Testing not approved and/or covered by the State of Kansas Plans A or B
- Lab work billed to your health plan by your doctor or another laboratory
The Preferred Lab Benefit is completely voluntary. If you and your health care provider choose to use a lab other than those provided by either Quest Diagnostics or Stormont-Vail HealthCare you still have laboratory coverage. However, you will be responsible for any deductible, copayments or coinsurance applied by the health plan.