HealthyKIDS


FOR STATE EMPLOYEES ONLY


REMEMBER: You must apply every year.

The HealthyKIDS program helps eligible State employees cover the cost of the premiums for their children enrolled in the State Employee Health Plan. The State will pay 90 percent of the cost of dependent children’s health premiums for qualified families. Employees are responsible for the remaining 10 percent.

Eligibility for the HealthyKIDS program is based in part on family income. Children in households with incomes up to 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Levels, who would otherwise qualify for the Federal/State HealthWave program, may be eligible for the HealthyKIDS program.

To see if you may qualify for the HealthyKIDS program, see the income guideline chart for the income maximums by family size. There is also a handout with information and frequently asked questions.

If you believe you may be eligible for HealthyKIDS, use the online enrollment form . If you are applying mid-year due to a qualifying event, your online application must be received no later than 31 days from the date of the qualifying event.

Once your application has been processed, you will be notified whether or not you qualify. A letter will be sent to your home address currently on file. If approved, your premiums for coverage of your dependent children will be adjusted based upon the current HealthyKIDS contributions.