Choosing Your Health Plan
Plan and Vendor Changes for Plan Year 2015
Beginning with Plan Year 2015, there will be two (2) Plans to choose from - Plan A or Plan C.
Plan B will not be offered. If you are currently enrolled in Plan B, you will need to enroll online to select either Plan A or Plan C.
There will be two (2) Medical Vendors to choose from - Aetna and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas.
Coventry has been purchased by Aetna.
UnitedHealthcare will no longer be offered. If you are currently enrolled in UnitedHealthcare, you will need to enroll online to select a new medical vendor.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are currently enrolled in a UnitedHealthcare Plan or enrolled in Plan B with any of the vendors, you need to actively enroll online during the Open Enrollment Period (October 1 - 31) and select either Plan A or Plan C with either Aetna or Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas as your vendor.
If you do not enroll online, you will be defaulted to Plan C with:
Aetna if you are currently enrolled in Coventry or UnitedHealthcare or
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas if that is your current vendor
Plan A or Plan C High Deductible Health Plan
You have access to all health plans regardless of where you live.
You have choices when it comes to your health care coverage. Choosing the appropriate health plan for you and your family may be easier than you think!
The State Employee Health Plan offers two health plan options:
- Plan A
- Plan C with Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). HRA is a new option available for those employees not eligible to participate in an HSA.
Please review the Health Plan Comparison Chart at the back this book to see the differences in the deductible, coinsurance and annual coinsurance maximums for Plans A and C.
Each option is designed differently (for example, deductibles, coinsurance and annual maximums) and each health plan vendor offers unique features. Be sure to consider these features before making your selection.
There are two health plan vendors:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
Each health plan vendor has a unique network of contracting providers. Since network providers agree to accept the plan allowance as payment in full, using network providers saves you money! Non network providers have not agreed to accept the plan allowance, so in addition to your required Out of Pocket, any amount above the plan allowance will be your responsibility.
Provider directories are listed on each vendor page on our website - www.kdheks.gov/hcf/sehp/default.htm
Both Vendors offer the following:
- Access to a broad network of providers nationwide which allows you flexibility in obtaining care with coverage for both network and non network providers.
- 100 percent coverage for certain preventive care services, such as an annual preventive exam, colonoscopy, mammograms and age-appropriate immunizations (including flu shots).
- Policies have no lifetime maximum.
- Prescription drug coverage through Caremark. See page 11 for details.
- A Preferred Lab Benefit program available through either Quest Diagnostics or Stormont-Vail Healthcare. There are differences in the programs offered with each plan.