Caremark Prescription Drug
Active State Employees, Non State Employer Group and NON-MEDICARE ELIGIBLE Retiree/Direct Bill Members
TOLL FREE - 800-294-6324
TDD TOLL FREE - 800-863-5488
Caremark Connect Specialty Pharmacy TOLL FREE - 800-237-2767
Print Your Caremark ID Card Instructions
CVS Caremark Documents
- 2015 Caremark Benefit Description for Plan A
- 2015 Caremark Benefit Description for Plan C
- Plan A – Check Drug Cost Link
- Plan C – Check Drug Cost Link
- 2015 Caremark Preferred Drug List - Effective 04-01-15
- Caremark Claim Reimbursement Form
- Caremark Home Delivery Form
- Caremark Discount Tier Meds - (includes Non-Sedating Allergy Meds) - Effective 04-01-15
- Caremark List of Brand Medications Requiring Use of a Generic First - Effective 04-01-15
- Caremark Generics (2015 through 2016)
- Caremark Oral Oncology Drug List - Effective 04-01-15
- Caremark Injectable Drug List - Effective 04-01-15
- Caremark SPECIALITY Drug List - Revised 04-01-14
- Caremark Performance Drug List - Preferred vs Non-Preferred
Prescription drug coverage is provided through Caremark for Plans A and C, and its cost is included in the health plan rates. While the Preferred Drug List (PDL) is the same for both plans, the amount you pay will vary depending on the plan you select as explained below.
- Plan A. Under these plans, generally you pay a coinsurance for your prescription drug costs throughout the year, up to a combined medical and pharmacy coinsurance maximum of $4,750 for single and $9,500 for member with dependent coverage per year.
- Plan C. Until you reach the deductible, you will pay 100% of the discounted cost for your prescriptions when you present your Caremark ID card. Once you have reached your annual health plan deductible, covered prescriptions are paid in full by the plan when a network pharmacy is used.
Regardless of which plan you elect, your out-of-pocket costs will be lower if you use generic and/or preferred brand name drugs.
You can also call Caremark at 800-294-6324 for help finding a preferred drug. A number of popular name brand drugs are projected to be available in generic versions during 2015. This list is also on the website.
Before talking to your physician about prescriptions, it is suggested that you print out the Preferred Drug List (PDL) from the website and take it to any appointments so you can discuss your options. The Caremark plan is designed to encourage you and your health care provider to choose the most cost-effective and clinically-effective medications available. Home delivery is available through Caremark and reorders are processed in as little as five to seven days. To place an initial order or reorder by phone, call 1-800-294-6324 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialty and biotech drugs are designed for difficult conditions that don’t respond to traditional therapy. These drugs are available only through the Caremark Connect Specialty Pharmacy.
Contact Caremark Connect at 1-800-237-2767. A Caremark representative will coordinate patient care with the provider and arrange for medication delivery.