Biometric Screening Options
Required For Employees to earn 2014 Premium Discount
through HealthQuest Rewards Program
Earning Period: July 1, 2012 - July 31, 2013
HealthQuest offers three ways to obtain your biometric numbers in order to complete an online health assessment questionnaire:
- Attend one free onsite biometric screening event
- Schedule a preventive screening visit with your physician
- Order an at-home screening kit
HealthQuest sponsored screening events are offered in many locations statewide for convenience. A simple finger stick test provides you with important health information including:
- Total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and total cholesterol to HDL ratio
- Triglycerides and glucose
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Height, weight and body mass index (BMI)
- Waist circumference
To schedule an appointment, please log into your account (or register an account) on the wellness portal at www.KansasHealthQuest.com and click on "Biometric Screenings" from the left menu and then select "Onsite Screenings." If you do not have internet access, please call toll-free 1-888-275-1205 and select option 5 for assistance making an appointment.
- The appointment system closes two full business days in advance of an event. Employees/health plan members can participate in one event during the earning period.
- If you are making an appointment for an event in a building other than your place of employment, keep in mind that some locations have secured access by employee badge prior to business hours.
- Be sure to request ADA accommodations when making an appointment.
- Remember to fast for nine hours (no food) prior to your appointment. While fasting, only water, tea and black coffee may be consumed (no cream or sugar). Take any medications according to your normal routine.
A copy of your results will be provided to you that you should save for your records. Your results are automatically loaded into your online health assessment questionnaire within 5 business days of your appointment. You will need to log in to your account and complete the additional questions.
You may use biometric results from a recent physician's visit to complete the health assessment questionnaire. The State Employee Health Plan will cover one preventive exam per calendar year in full (with no co-pay). Print the Biometric Values Form to take with you to your appointment. Employees may use test results from visits occurring between August 1, 2012, and July 31, 2013.
3. AT-HOME SCREENING KIT
At-home screening kits are available to those who do not have access to a biometric screening event in their area.
A test kit is mailed to your home upon request. You collect your own blood sample through a simple finger stick test and return your sample in a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Your results are automatically loaded into your online health assessment questionnaire within 15 business days of returning your sample. PLEASE NOTE: the at-home test kit does not include results for blood pressure, height, weight and waist circumference needed to complete your online health assessment questionnaire.
To order an at-home test kit, log into your account on the wellness portal at www.KansasHealthQuest.com and click on "Biometric Screenings" from the left menu and then select "At-Home Screening Kits." You should not order an at-home kit if you have already done or are planning to do option 1 or 2.
Who is eligible to participate in the onsite screenings or use the at-home test kits?
- Benefits eligible State and Non State employees who are enrolled in the State Employee Health Plan or who have waived coverage in the plan
- Retirees, spouses and dependents 18 years or older who are enrolled in the medical portion State Employee Health Plan