Biometric Screening Options
Required For Employees to earn 2016 Premium Discount
through HealthQuest Rewards Program
Earning Period: November 16, 2014 – November 15, 2015
HealthQuest offers three ways to obtain your biometric numbers in order to complete an online health assessment questionnaire:
- Attend one free onsite biometric screening event. Click here for a guide to scheduling your on-site screening appointment.
- Schedule a preventive screening visit with your physician
- Order an at-home screening kit
HealthQuest sponsored screening events are offered in many locations statewide for convenience. A simple finger stick test provides you with important health information including:
- Total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and total cholesterol to HDL ratio
- Triglycerides and glucose
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Height, weight and body mass index (BMI)
- Waist circumference
Check here for the current On-Site Screening Schedule.
You may use biometric results from a recent physician's visit to complete the health assessment questionnaire. The State Employee Health Plan will cover one preventive exam per calendar year in full (with no co-pay). Print the Biometric Values Form to take with you to your appointment. Employees may use test results from visits occurring between August 1, 2014, and November 15, 2015.
3. AT-HOME SCREENING KIT
At-home screening kits are available to those who do not have access to a biometric screening event in their area.
A test kit is mailed to your home upon request. You collect your own blood sample through a simple finger stick test and return your sample in a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Your results are automatically loaded into your online health assessment questionnaire within 15 business days of returning your sample. PLEASE NOTE: the at-home test kit does not include results for blood pressure, height, weight and waist circumference needed to complete your online health assessment questionnaire.
To order an at-home test kit, log into your account on the wellness portal at www.KansasHealthQuest.com and click on "Biometric Screenings" under "Your Resources" and then select "At-Home Screening Kits." You should not order an at-home kit if you have already done or are planning to do option 1 or 2.
Who is eligible to participate in the onsite screenings or use the at-home test kits?
- Benefits eligible State and Non State employees who are enrolled in the State Employee Health Plan or who have waived coverage in the plan
- Retirees and spouses who are enrolled in the medical portion State Employee Health Plan