Biometric Screening Options
Required For Employees to earn 2017 Premium Discount
through HealthQuest Rewards Program
Earning Period: November 16, 2015 – November 15, 2016
HealthQuest offers three ways to obtain your biometric numbers in order to complete an online health assessment questionnaire:
- Attend one free onsite biometric screening event. Worth 5 Credits.
- Order an at-home screening kit. Worth 5 Credits.
- Schedule a preventive screening visit with your physician
HealthQuest sponsored screening events are offered in many locations statewide for convenience. A simple finger stick test provides you with important health information including:
- Total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and total cholesterol to HDL ratio
- Triglycerides and glucose
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Height, weight and body mass index (BMI)
- Waist circumference
Check here for the current On-Site Screening Schedule.
2. AT-HOME SCREENING KIT - Worth 5 Credits.
At-home screening kits are available to those who do not have access to a biometric screening event in their area.
A test kit is mailed to your home upon request. You collect your own blood sample through a simple finger stick test and return your sample in a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Your results are automatically loaded into your online health assessment questionnaire within 15 business days of returning your sample. PLEASE NOTE: the at-home test kit does not include results for blood pressure, height, weight and waist circumference needed to complete your online health assessment questionnaire.
To order an at-home test kit, log into your account on the wellness portal at www.kansashealthquest.com and locate the bulletin board in the lower right. Click on “View All” to see the whole “Your Resources” menu. Select At-Home Screening Kits from the menu. You should not order an at-home kit if you are planning on attending a screening event or obtaining your values from your physician.
You may use biometric results from a recent physician's visit to complete the health assessment questionnaire. The State Employee Health Plan will cover one preventive exam per calendar year in full (with no co-pay). Print the Biometric Values Form to take with you to your appointment. Employees may use test results from visits occurring between August 1, 2015, and November 15, 2016.
Who is eligible to participate in the onsite screenings or use the at-home test kits?
- Benefits eligible State and Non State employees who are enrolled in the State Employee Health Plan or who have waived coverage in the plan
- Retirees and spouses who are enrolled in the medical portion State Employee Health Plan