Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
(Formerly Called LIFELINE)
Helping With Life’s Stresses
1-888-275-1205 (option 7)
How to use TTY/TDD
A Benefit of the State Employee Health Plan
What is the Employee Assistance Program?
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a special service provided for State of Kansas benefits eligible employees and their dependents at no charge. The EAP provides information, short-term counseling, advice, and referrals from licensed professionals who understand the typical stresses we all face day in and day out.
In today’s fast-paced world, trying to manage work, home, family, and all the associated demands can sometimes be a real test. And occasionally, wouldn’t it be nice if there were an experienced, objective professional who could answer a confidential question or help with one of life’s concerns?
- How it Works
- Services Offered
- Webinar Series – NEW for 2014!
- Helpful Documents & Resources
- EAP FAQs
Who Is Eligible to Use the EAP Program?
- The EAP is available to all active, benefits-eligible employees of the State of Kansas, their family members living in the same household or dependent children.
- All active, benefits-eligible employees of our Non State Employer Groups, their family members living in the same household or dependent children.
- Benefits-eligible employees who have been laid off/terminated are eligible to use the EAP for six months after layoff.
- Retirees and COBRA participants are not eligible to participate.
For questions or concerns, contact Julie Faust at 785-296-5624.