Each Challenge is Worth 5 Credits for the HealthQuest Rewards Program
Challenges are designed to give eligible members the opportunity to practice healthy behaviors. Challenges focus on key behaviors such as physical activity, nutrition, weight management and stress management that help to lower health risks. Research shows these behaviors enhance the health and quality of life for individuals that include them in their daily lifestyle.
Below are the wellness challenges being offered during the 2015 HealthQuest program year (November 16, 2014 - November 15, 2015). Each challenge can only be accessed through the wellness portal during the timeframe specified. Participants track their progress daily or weekly on the portal while working toward the goal of the challenge. Credits will be awarded on the portal automatically upon completion of each challenge.
|Maintain Don't Gain Challenge||November 20 - December 31, 2014|
|Heart Smart Challenge||February 2 - February 27, 2015|
|Strive for Five Challenge||June 1 - June 26, 2015|
|Stress Busters Challenge||September 14 - October 9, 2015|
|Get the MyaHealth mobile app!|
Who is Eligible to Participate in Challenges?
Benefits eligible State and Non State employees who are enrolled in the State Employee Health Plan or who have waived coverage in the plan
Retirees and spouses who are enrolled in the medical portion State Employee Health Plan
Maintaining your body weight during the holiday season can be difficult. This six-week challenge will encourage behaviors that support weight management by promoting healthy eating, regular physical activity, and a balanced consumption of treat foods, alcohol and sugary beverages. These habits are supportive of maintaining weight while celebrating a healthy holiday season.
Participants will earn 1 point per activity per day by completing the following activities:
- Exercising 30 minutes or more
- Eating a healthy breakfast
- Eating a healthy lunch
- Limiting treat foods to 1 serving or less
- Limiting alcoholic or sugary beverages to 1 serving or less
- Earn 1 bonus point per week for weighing yourself
How to Participate:
- Track your activity on the wellness portal at www.KansasHealthQuest.com. Log in and click on "Challenges" from the top menu and then select "Current Challenge."
- Receive 1 point for each healthy behavior that you practice each day
- Earn up to 5 points daily
- Total possible points = 216
- Goal = 145
- You may download the paper tracking form for convenience and enter your points online later.
- Or track your activity using the MyaHealth mobile app and your wellness portal account will be automatically updated. Download the free MyaHealth app through the App Store or Google Play. The app can be used with iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Android devices. Login with the same User ID and Password that you use on the wellness portal. See MyaHealth Guide for details.
- To complete the challenge you will need to earn 145 activity points by December 31, 2014.
- Record all activity points online by January 7, 2015.
- 5 credits will be awarded to your portal account automatically when you complete the challenge.