Chapter 65.--PUBLIC HEALTH
Article 1.--SECRETARY OF HEALTHAND ENVIRONMENT, ACTIVITIES
65-1,193. Denial, suspension or revocation of permit; penalties for certain violations. (a) The secretary may deny an application for any permit, whether new or a renewal, for a swine facility and, upon notice and opportunity for hearing in accordance with the Kansas administrative procedure act, may suspend or revoke any permit for a swine facility, if the secretary finds that the applicant, or any officer, director, partner or resident manager of the applicant has:
(1) Intentionally misrepresented a material fact in applying for any permit;
(2) habitually or intentionally violated environmental laws of this or any other state or of the United States and the violations have caused significant and material environmental damage; or
(3) had any permit revoked under the environmental laws of this or any other state or of the United States.
(b) Failure of the operator of a swine confined feeding facility to implement any required manure management, emergency response, odor control, facility closure or dead swine handling plan:
(1) May render the operator liable for a civil penalty pursuant to K.S.A. 65-170d and amendments thereto; and
(2) upon notice and opportunity for hearing in accordance with the Kansas administrative procedure act, shall be grounds for the secretary to suspend the permit for such facility.
History: L. 1998, ch. 143, § 16; May 7.