Article 33.--CHEMIGATION SAFETY
2-3305. Functional anti-pollution devices, requirements. Functional anti-pollution devices shall be used in the chemigation process according to:
(a) Criteria adopted by the secretary by rules and regulations that, in the secretary's discretion, follow the latest scientific knowledge and technology and that is designed to protect the groundwater and surface water of the state; or
(b) the following criteria:
(1) Waterline check valve shall be an automatic, quick-closing device capable of preventing the backflow of water chemical mixtures into the source of water supply during times of system failure or equipment shutdown;
(2) a chemical injection line check valve shall be used to prevent flow of water from the irrigation system into the chemical supply tank and to prevent gravity flow from the chemical supply tank into the irrigation system;
(3) an interlock system shall be used between the power system of the injection unit, the irrigation pumping plant and the pivot, if involved; the interlock shall function so that if the irrigation pump stops, the injection pump will also stop;
(4) a functional vacuum relief device shall be used between the waterline check valve and the irrigation pump to reduce the chance of chemical being back-siphoned into the water source; and
(5) an automatic low pressure drain shall be used between the waterline valve and the irrigation pump.
History: L. 1985, ch. 5, § 5; L. 1989, ch. 7, § 3; L. 1998, ch. 143, § 25; May 7.