Family Planning

 

Program Purpose

The goal of the Family Planning Program is to provide individuals the information and means to exercise personal choice in determining the number and spacing of their children, and to provide access to additional health services that would lead to the overall improvement in the health of those individuals, prioritizing services to low-income and high risk individuals.

 

Eligible Applicants

The Kansas Legislature established two priorities related to contracting for the delivery of family planning services: First priority is to be given to public entities (state, county, and local health departments and health clinics); and, if any moneys remain, then, second priority is to be given to non-public entities which are hospitals or federally qualified health centers that provide comprehensive primary and preventative care in addition to family planning services.

 

Funding

Based on the availability of State or Federal funds, the State Agency determines the base award to the Local Agency on the 3-year average of unduplicated number of Family Planning Users. Funding is also subject to legislative and policy priorities.

 

Local Agency continuation grants are funded equal to at least 80 percent of the previous year's base award and the remaining 20 percent of funds may be allocated based on performance data. The amount of funding a local agency requests in the grant application should be based on the cost to provide services.

 

Program Details

All program details, application requirements and program staff contact information can be found on the attached document
Family Planning Program Guidelines

 

To Request Funds/Apply

To apply for funding, fill out an application in Catalyst (www.catalystserver.com). For grantees receiving funding in SFY15, the program administrator will receive a Catalyst user name and password in advance. If the program administrator has not yet received a username and password, contact the Catalyst Operations Support Team (support@shpr.com).

New applicants can request to be set up in Catalyst and receive a username and password by contacting: support@shpr.com

Before starting your application, please complete the following training courses on Kansas TRAIN (ks.train.org):

  • Catalyst Training 1: Catalyst Navigation (Course #1054439)
  • Catalyst Training 2: Application Process Overview in Catalyst (Course #1054483)
  • Catalyst Training 3: Application Management in Catalyst (Course #1054567)
  • Catalyst Training 4: Applying for Funding Announcement(s) in Catalyst (Course #1054672)

Applications are available on January 15, 2015 and are due on March 16, 2015.

 

Return

|