Child Care Licensing Program
The purpose of the Child Care Licensing Program is to safeguard children from harm in out-of-home child care by:
- Establishing and enforcing requirements for the operation of child care facilities.
- Increasing the state-wide availability of regulated facilities that meet or exceed standards.
- Reducing predictable health and safety risks to children in child care.
- Providing consumer protection for children and families.
- Providing public awareness of the need for quality child care.
- Conducting timely and accurate inspections.
Awards will be based on a formula that includes the population of children under 15 years of age in the county based on 2010 US Census Bureau data, number of child care cases and child care capacity as of March 2015.
All program details, application requirements and program staff contact information can be found on the attached document: Child Care Licensing Program Guidelines
To Request Funds/Apply
To apply for funding, fill out an application in Catalyst (www.catalystserver.com). For grantees receiving funding in SFY15, the program administrator will receive a Catalyst user name and password in advance. If the program administrator has not yet received a username and password, contact the Catalyst Operations Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New applicants can request to be set up in Catalyst and receive a username and password by contacting: email@example.com
Before starting your application, please complete the following training courses on Kansas TRAIN (ks.train.org):
- Catalyst Training 1: Catalyst Navigation (Course #1054439)
- Catalyst Training 2: Application Process Overview in Catalyst (Course #1054483)
- Catalyst Training 3: Application Management in Catalyst (Course #1054567)
- Catalyst Training 4: Applying for Funding Announcement(s) in Catalyst (Course #1054672)
Applications are available on January 15, 2015 and are due on March 16, 2015.
Program Contact Number: 785-296-1270|