Home Visitation Training Program
Exciting New Training Opportunities for Kansas
The Kansas Home Visitor’s Training Program is an exciting new training program designed for all home visitors working with children and families in our state, including Head Start and Early Head Start, Healthy Start Home Visitors, Parents As Teachers, SRS and child care. The program uses the Nebraska Home Visitation Training Curriculum, designed to build the skills and capacity of home visitors to work effectively with families in the home setting. The course has been revised to a 5-day course now.
Trainers have been certified in this curriculum and will be offering the training at various locations throughout Kansas. Agencies are encouraged to work collaboratively so that training sessions have participants from various agencies. This will provide the opportunity to learn together and exchange ideas. Participants will learn:
- How ethics impact home visitation
- Care of self and safety
- Family development from a systems perspective
- The home visitor's role in relationship to culture
- Ways to effectively communicate and reflect
- Ways to assess families, document and set goals
- Community resources that can be accessed to help families reach their goals
E-mail email@example.com for more information.
How to Register for a Class?
- Visit http://ks.train.org
- Click on Register.
- Follow the prompts.
- Start learning!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for help.