These projects provide comprehensive case management services to pregnant and/or parenting adolescents in Kansas communities, prioritizing communities with greater numbers of adolescent Medicaid recipients. The projects aim to reduce the negative consequences of teenage pregnancy for teens and their children, to increase levels of self sufficiency and goal-directedness relating to their own futures and that of their children, and to delay subsequent childbearing until completion of goals related to basic education/training or they reach the age of 21 years.
- For application information go to Aid To Local Grant Information and Forms
- For specific program information refer to the Teen Pregnancy Targeted Case Management Manual
For further information, contact: TPTCM Program Manager (785) 296-1307.
Kansas Department of Health & Environment
Resources Relating to Teens
- Data source for Kansas: http://kic.kdheks.gov
- Data source for U.S.: http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy: http://www.thenationalcampaign.org/default.aspx
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: http://www.nofas.org/
- Keeping Youth Mentally Healthy and Drug Free: http://www.samhsa.gov/prevention