School Health Resources
School health promotes the health of all children and youth birth through twenty-one through health services and education integrated into the school setting.
- The Value of A School Nurse
- Robert Wood Johnson Publication: Unlocking the Potential of School Nursing:
Keeping Children Healthy, In School, and Ready to Learn
- Robert Wood Johnson Publication: Unlocking the Potential of School Nursing: Keeping Children Healthy, In School, and Ready to Learn
- Resources For Kansas Schools
- Training Opportunities for School Personnel
(note: KU Area Health Education Center is no longer posting vision and hearing screening classes separately. All classes are posted on the AHEC Upcoming Continuing Education Events website.)
- School Nurse Survey: 2013-2014 School Year
- Print Kansas School Nurse Survey: 2013-2014 School Year form
- Compile your data through the school year.
- School nurses will be able to enter data on line May 1, 2014.
- NOTE: This year there are additional questions on Emergency Information – including 911 calls, AED, etc.
Results of School Nurse Survey
For further information, contact:
School Health Consultant (785) 296-1300
Kansas Department of Health & Environment