Voluntary Cleanup Unit
Deanna Ross, P. G., Unit Manager
Phone: (785) 296-8064 Fax: (785)-296-7030 or (785)-296-1686
1000 SW Jackson, Suite 410
Topeka, KS 66612-1367
The Voluntary Cleanup Unit provides oversight and approval of investigations and remedial actions through the Voluntary Cleanup and Property Redevelopment Program (VCPRP).
Voluntary Cleanup and Property Redevelopment Program
Under the VCPRP, developers and buyers who perform successful cleanups of contaminated properties that are within established criteria will be granted a "No Further Action" determination by the department, satisfying the regulated community's need for protection from potential future liabilities. Adjacent property owners who did not contribute to the contamination could also receive protection from the department through such determinations.
A streamlined process is utilized to address these sites in an expeditious manner to encourage the redevelopment or enhancement of such properties and to discourage the use of pristine land in the State instead of established commercial and industrial tracts. This program is voluntary and is designed to allow industry and businesses to bring forth sites that need attention so their properties are appropriately addressed in a timely manner through a local/state partnership.
- Voluntary Cleanup and Property Redevelopment Program Manual (.pdf)
- Voluntary Cleanup and Property Redevelopment Application Form (.pdf)
- Memorandum Of Agreement between KDHE and USEPA, Region VII (.pdf)
- (K.S.A. 65-34,161 to 65-34,174) Voluntary Cleanup and Property Redevelopment Statutes (.pdf)
- (K.A.R. 28-71-1 to 28-71-12) Voluntary Cleanup and Property Redevelopment Regulations (.pdf)