PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY LEVELS: KDHE may issue two levels of public health protection notifications: a Public Health Advisory or Public Health Warning. These notification levels are determined by the concentration of a harmful toxin(s) or the concentration of cyanobacteria cell counts.
Public Health Advisory--
- Notifies public that a hazardous condition exists
- Signs should be posted at all public access locations
- Water may be unsafe for humans/animals
- Discourage contact
Public Health Warning-
- Notifies public that conditions are unsafe
- Water contact should not occur
- All conditions of Advisory remain in effect
Last updated on: 10/30/2014 13:59:16
The following lakes will remain on the list until the beginning of the 2015 HAB season.